Even though the first spring training exhibition game is still 24 hours away, a lot has happened in Cardinals Nation.
- Lance Berkman arrives at camp as a much leaner and hopefully meaner player
- Chris Carpenter helps Shelby Miller avoid a bad habit where he’s tipping his pitches
- Matt Holliday says that he’s willing to defer salary if it helps with the Albert Pujols contract extension
- The Albert Pujols contract deadline passed by like Y2K (much ado about nothin’)
- Albert Pujols publicly states that he would use his 10-5 veto rights to refuse a trade
- Adam Wainwright suffers a season ending elbow injury and will have TJ surgery
- Some player on the Reds made some inflammatory comments
- Chris Carpenter indicated that he would not block any trade the Cardinals would propose
- A palm tree has yet to fall on David Freese
What a fun couple of weeks. I’m exhausted, and the first exhibition pitch hasn’t even happened yet. Pace yourself, Bob – it’s gonna be a long season.
After reading Dennis @ PH8’s latest article, The Devil’s Advocate vs Chris Carpenter, it got me wondering about how other people’s opinions of some players has changed, without any on-the-field heroics (or struggles) to get in the way.
And finally, given all that has gone on, plus the individual’s body of work ……
I am really looking forward to the results of these three questions.